Chocolate Cherry Cake Balls
Cake balls are pretty popular these days .... I have to wonder if they didn't come about from a kitchen mishap?! I am betting they were from an accident! Makes me feel better! Anyways, that's what I decided to go with. You can put 'em on sticks if you'd like .. or just leave in a truffle-like form .... Either way, they are quite tasty and easy to make! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make the cake
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick of butter), softened
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, chopped (drain and reserve the juice)
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Candiquick
- Bake the cake according to package directions, using any size pan. Cool completely.
- Place the butter and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients, except the Candiquick and mix on low speed for about 1-2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Blend on low for 1 minute or until the frosting is light and fluffy. Add more cherry juice or powdered sugar, if necessary - 1 tbsp at a time - to get the desired consistency.
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl. Add the frosting mixture and mix well. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or aluminum foil. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt Candiquick according to package directions. Dip the balls one at a time into the coating, allowing the excess to drip off. Place back onto the baking sheet to set up. Continue with remaining balls.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 208kcal Calories from fat 146|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Where you can find Love Bakes Good Cakes:
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved