- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients needed to make the cake
- 8 tbsp. (1 stick of butter), softened
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries, chopped (drain and reserve the juice)
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Candiquick
- Bake the cake according to package directions, using any size pan. Cool completely.
- Place the butter and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients, except the Candiquick and mix on low speed for about 1-2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Blend on low for 1 minute or until the frosting is light and fluffy. Add more cherry juice or powdered sugar, if necessary - 1 tbsp at a time - to get the desired consistency.
- Crumble the cake in a large bowl. Add the frosting mixture and mix well. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or aluminum foil. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt Candiquick according to package directions. Dip the balls one at a time into the coating, allowing the excess to drip off. Place back onto the baking sheet to set up. Continue with remaining balls.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 74mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Where you can find Love Bakes Good Cakes:
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved