If you haven’t figured out by now, I love soup. I’m sure my regular readers are thinking, “another soup recipe?” I’m sorry, I can’t help it. Even though we eat it year-round, this time of year just screams soup to me. Thankfully, my family doesn’t mind and they enjoy it also.
Chicken Broccoli and Wild Rice Soup
If you haven't figured out by now, I love soup. I'm sure my regular readers are thinking, "another soup recipe?" I'm sorry, I can't help it. Even though we eat it year-round, this time of year just screams soup to me. Thankfully, my family doesn't mind and they enjoy it also.
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice mix - original flavor
- 5 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 cup fresh broccoli, chopped (or a 10 oz. box frozen, chopped broccoli, thawed)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, contents of the seasoning packet and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in the broccoli, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, condensed soup and cream cheese. Cook and stir until the cream cheese has melted.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 316kcal Calories from fat 144|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Don’t forget to like, share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved