These Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods are the perfect easy no-bake treat. You can easily adjust the colors and sprinkles to fit any holiday or celebration!
Table of contents
Candy Dipped Pretzel Rods
My neighbors like to get together every so often for a block party. Halloween is probably the biggest one! They set up tables with tons of food and candy. It makes it easy for trick-or-treaters since they only have one stop on our street instead of going to all the houses.
As quickly as this year has flown by, I’m already thinking about what I want to make for our next block party. And I think I’m going to go with these Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods because they’re the perfect grab-and-go treat, and they’re not too messy to eat. Always a score.
Of course, the great thing about these Candy Pretzel Sticks is that they’re suitable for any time of the year. Think of how cute these would be for Christmas, birthdays, or even smaller holidays like St. Patrick’s Day.
You can also dip the pretzels in caramel and then into the candy melts, change the melt colors, change the sprinkles, use colored sugar, or add your favorite candy in place of the sprinkles. The possibilities are endless!
These are wonderful treats for literally any time of the year. Birthdays? Family get-togethers? Picnics? Halloween? Christmas? Easter?! You can make candy pretzel sticks in a snap!! Enjoy!!
Candy Dipped Pretzel Rods: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Candy Dipped Pretzel Rod recipe, you will need …
- pretzel rods – you’ll want 1 bag or about 12 ounces.
- candy melts – the Wilton brand is what I prefer! Get them in whatever colors work best for the occasion!
- sprinkles or other seasonal candy – optional, but these can add a super adorable touch to your rods. Plus, you can choose what you want based on the holiday!!
- wax paper – about a 3-foot strip for your pretzels to lie on.
- bowl and spoon – for melting your candy melts and coating the pretzels.
How to make Candy Dipped Pretzel Rods
First, set up your materials. Lay out a 3-foot strip of wax paper. Line up the pretzels on the wax paper, leaving a space between each. Be sure to remove any broken pretzel rods!
Next, melt your candy and coat the rods. Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Carefully dip and coat the pretzel rods into the candy melts, allowing excess to drip off. You may find using a spoon to help coat the pretzels helpful.
Finally, decorate the rods and enjoy! Place the coated pretzels back on the wax paper to harden. Add sprinkles over the top of the rods before the candy hardens. You can also drizzle various colors of candy melt over the top. Make sure the pretzel rods do not touch each other and continue until all pretzels are coated.
Candy Dipped Pretzels: FAQs
It’ll vary depending on how many rods you’re making, but all in all, it shouldn’t take much longer than a half hour.
Again, it’ll vary depending on how many are in the bag you buy … or how many you WANT to make!
Use an airtight container, and you can keep them at room temperature for a few weeks. If you’re not tempted to devour them all in the meantime, that is.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 bag (12 oz.) pretzel rods
- Wilton candy melts (assorted colors)
- sprinkles, colored sugar, or seasonal candy (optional)
- Lay out a 3-foot strip of wax paper. Line up the pretzels on the wax paper, leaving a space between each. Remove any broken pretzel rods.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions.
- Carefully dip and coat the pretzel rods into the candy melts, allowing excess to drip off. You may find using a spoon to help coat the pretzels helpful. Place the coated pretzels back on the wax paper to harden - If you would like sprinkles or candy, sprinkle them over the top before the candy hardens. You can also drizzle various colors of candy melt over the top. Make sure the pretzel rods do not touch each other. Continue until all pretzels are coated.
- Allow the candy coating to harden completely before serving.
- Store the finished pretzel rods in an airtight container at room temperature for a few weeks. If you’re not tempted to devour them all in the meantime, that is. 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Originally published on September 23, 2014. Updated on December 5, 2022.