These simple Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels are a chocolate-covered, minty, sweet, and salty snack. They’re a fabulous addition to holiday cookie trays and gift bags!
Table of contents
Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels
Y’all know I love the holidays, and I’m never a bah-humbug kind of person at all! But some years, I’m more tired or busy than others. It’s just the way life works.
Still, no matter how packed my schedule ends up, I never want to deny my favorite people some fabulous winter treats!
This recipe for Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels is perfect during a holiday season when I may not have time or energy to cook anything complex. They’re chocolate-covered pretzels with crushed candy cane sprinkles, but they’re snackable even if they’re simple!
They’re the kind of thing that’ll go first at any party. You definitely can’t have just one!
You’ll love making them, too, since they only need 3 ingredients and less than a half hour of prep time. In fact, the longest part of the recipe is waiting for the candy coating to harden!
Worry no more about quick treats for holiday get-togethers…this is one everyone will enjoy! I hope you and your crew enjoy this recipe!
Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels recipe, you’ll need …
- mini pretzel twists or pretzel crisps – if you have a lot of extra melted candy and crushed candy canes, try this with full-sized pretzel rods, too!
- white candy melts – these are the candy coating for your peppermint pretzels.
- crushed candy canes – well, you can’t have peppermint pretzels without the candy canes!
- baking sheet w/ parchment paper – to hold your pretzels while they dry/harden.
- bowls – for melting the candy.
How to make Candy Cane Pretzels
Making white chocolate-covered pretzels is easy peasy and only takes 15 minutes of hands-on prep time!
First, prep your ingredients and utensils. You’ll want to grab a large baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Then set it aside. After, melt your candy melts according to the directions on the package.
Then, coat your pretzels. Use a fork to dunk each pretzel into your candy melts completely. (Or only cover half the pretzel, if you prefer.) Transfer the pretzels onto the baking sheet and sprinkle them with crushed candy canes.
After, serve your peppermint pretzels! Just remember to allow the candy coating to harden first, of course. You can speed up that process by throwing it all in the fridge for about an hour.
Yes, y’all, making these pretzels is really that simple!
Candy Cane Peppermint Pretzels: FAQs
You should have enough candy coating and crushed candy canes to make 30-35 pretzels. Of course, you can always double, triple, etc., the recipe for a big party!!
In an airtight container, you can keep them at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
Yes! They’ll stay fresh for about 6 months, and you can eat them straight from the freezer for a nice crunchy snack. Again, be sure to use an airtight container.
Absolutely, y’all!! So long as you like minty-sweet and salty all together, these pretzels taste good with any kind of chocolate, really. (Except for orange chocolate. I imagine that wouldn’t be good at all 😜)
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 30-35 mini pretzel twists or pretzel crisps
- 12 oz. white candy melts
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions.
- Using a fork, dunk each pretzel into the melted candy coating, making sure the entire pretzel is coated. Gently shake the fork to remove any excess coating. Transfer the coated pretzel to the parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top. Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Allow the candy coating to harden before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1603mgCarbohydrates: 158gFiber: 4gSugar: 38gProtein: 13g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.