These super-dense and moist Butterscotch Blondies are ready in less than an hour. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, these will surely hit the spot!
Table of contents
Recipe for Blondies
Y’all know I love a good brownie, or anything chocolate, honestly. I could eat it all day!
But when it comes to sweets, sometimes I have to “cheat” on my chocolate addiction and go for something different. When that happens, these Butterscotch Blondies are super satisfying!!
This is a simple recipe that anyone can do, and fast, too. I’ve even baked these blondies on a whim late at night while I couldn’t sleep!
If chocolate’s just not cutting it anymore, this recipe will be your new go-to. It’s also great if you want to make sweets that are a little out-of-the-ordinary for any get-together or occasion.
Try a blondie bar – this recipe with butterscotch flavor is so rich. Enjoy!
Butterscotch Dessert Bars: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Butterscotch Blondies recipe, you’ll need …
- flour, baking powder, and salt – these are your dry ingredients and are fairly standard for most baking recipes!
- dark brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract – these are your wet ingredients. (Yes, I know the sugar isn’t wet, but you include it in the mixture!) Again, if you’ve seen anything baked before, this will all feel familiar.
- butterscotch chips – for mixing into your blondie batter, as well as for topping the blondies once they’re finished.
- 9×13 baking dish – lined with parchment paper.
- bowls – for mixing the wet ingredients, dry ingredients, etc.
- Ziploc bag or piping bag – for topping your blondies with melted butterscotch chips. Yum!
How to make Blondies
First, prep your supplies. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
Second, combine some of your dry ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
Third, make your wet mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
Fourth, combine your wet and dry mixtures. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir them together until there are no dry patches. Add 1 & ½ cups of the butterscotch chips and fold them in until evenly distributed.
Fifth, bake your blondies. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Take a handful of the remaining butterscotch chips and sprinkle it over the batter for an appealing presentation (and more sweetness)! Then, bake the batter for 25-30 minutes until the top appears dry and set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Sixth, cut your bars! Let them cool completely in the pan first. Take the blondies out of the pan using the parchment paper to help you lift them out. Cut into bars.
Finally, make your butterscotch topping and enjoy. Place the remaining butterscotch chips into a microwave-safe bowl, then microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Place the melted butterscotch into a piping bag or ziplock bag and cut a small piece of the corner off. Finally, drizzle the butterscotch over the cut bars. Let them set for about 20 minutes, so the butterscotch on top solidifies, and then chow down!
Butterscotch Brownie Blondies: FAQs
If you cut the finished blondie cake evenly, this should make about 18 bars!
These bars are done in less than an hour. You’ll need 10 minutes of prep time and 30 minutes to cook the blondies.
In an airtight container, they’ll be fine at room temperature for about a week. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups butterscotch chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray the paper with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir them together until just combined. Add 1-1/2 cups of the butterscotch chips and fold them in until evenly distributed.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Take a handful of the remaining butterscotch chips and sprinkle it over the batter for a pretty presentation.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top appears dry and set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely in the pan. Use the parchment paper to help you lift the bars out of the pan. Cut into bars.
- Place the remaining butterscotch chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Place the melted butterscotch into a small zip-top bag and cut a small piece of the corner off. Drizzle the melted butterscotch chips over the cut bars. Let them set for about 20 minutes to allow the butterscotch drizzle on top to solidify.
- Serve immediately.
- I find it easier to spread the prepared dough into the pan with moistened hands.
- I think the bars look nice with the butterscotch drizzle on top after cutting into bars, but if you want to drizzle it over the entire pan before cutting, you can do that too.
- You can leave off the drizzle altogether. It's entirely up to you.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
Silicone Pot Holder Trivet Mats - Hot Pads Spoon Rest, Multipurpose Trivet for Hot Dishers Heat Resistant Food Grade Silicone Set of 4
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. Ft Total)
Classic Metal 9x13 Covered Cake Pan
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.