Put those over-ripe bananas on the counter to good use with this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe! Makes 2 loaves!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
If there is one thing you can count on being on my grocery list every week, it’s bananas. Not only do we love using them to make smoothies, but they make a quick, healthy snack in the afternoon – and my kiddos love adding them to cereal or oatmeal for breakfast! It’s one of the few fruits that we can agree on in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house!
With six people who love bananas, it’s not often that they make it to the perfectly over-ripe banana bread stage! I have a few different banana bread recipes that I have used over the years. This recipe is a favorite because it makes two loaves and because it has chocolate!! My kiddos enjoy a slice with a glass of milk – while I take mine with a cup of coffee!
If you have a few bananas that are a little over-ripe, don’t throw them out – give them new life and make this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread!
Banana Bread is always a hit in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house – especially when you kick it up notch and make it into Banana Chocolate Chip Bread! What are some of your favorite banana bread mix-ins?!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and bananas, mixing well. Mix in flour and baking soda until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2553Total Fat: 105gSaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 462mgSodium: 1076mgFiber: 15gSugar: 219gProtein: 35g