Dazzle you friends and family with this simple and delicious Holiday Peppermint Cake! It just may become a holiday tradition!
Okay, I admit it ... I'm pretty much over all things pumpkin (let me clarify - except the mandatory pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!) I'm ready to leave pumpkin treats behind and make all things peppermint and gingerbread! Who is with me?!
I love Torani Flavored Syrups to dress up my coffee and other drinks. Have you seen the new Easy Pour Spout?
I decided to take one of my favorite holiday cakes and infuse it with Torani Flavored Syrups! A few years ago, I made this exact cake, but the cake part was just a plain white cake mix ... I decided to kick it up a notch with the addition of 1/2 cup of Torani Peppermint Flavored Syrup. I am so glad I did! It is definitely the little bit of something this cake needed!
Would you like the chance to win some cool prizes?
The details about the giveaway:
- 1 Grand Prize Winner will receive: 1 year supply of Torani flavors of your choice in our new 375ml bottle design (12 bottles total) 1 Nespresso Pixie D60 Espresso Machine 4 Red Torani Mugs
- 5 Runners-Up will receive: 3 Torani flavors of your choice in the new 375ml bottle design
Holiday Peppermint Cakeby
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 12-18 servings
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) white cake mix
- ½ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Torani Peppermint Flavoring Syrup
- ½ cup (1 stick) real butter, softened
- 3¾ cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. milk or water
- 2 tsp. pure peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans; set aside.
2. Place the dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl. Add water, vegetable oil, eggs, and Torani Peppermint Syrup. Mix until well combined. Pour into prepared pans
3. Bake 20-25 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using 3 tbsp. milk or water.
With an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Only add the additional tablespoon of milk or water if frosting seems too thick.
2. Frost cake.
Gently press the crushed candy cane pieces into the side and onto the top of the cake.
Don't forget to pin it!