Of course, you don't have to give it as a gift - you can make some for yourself too! I love treating myself to a bit of this bark with my coffee - with minty creamer!
- 1 bag (12 oz.) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 bag (12 oz.) good quality white chocolate
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract (optional)
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint disks (at least ½ cup, up to a full cup)
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Pour out onto the prepared pan.
2. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Stir in the extract, if desired. Carefully pour out over the dark chocolate – leveling out with a spatula, taking care not to mix the white and dark chocolate together. Sprinkle with candy canes and gently push them into the chocolate so they adhere.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Turn upside down onto a towel and peel off the waxed paper. Break into pieces.
Powered by Recipage