I found this recipe on Pinterest originally. I knew I had to pin it and make it asap - and boy, am I glad I did! It is soooooo good! If you need a new recipe to use up those bananas that are turning brown, try this Cinnamon Banana Cake. It could easily be a dessert or breakfast! Yum! Personally, I love cinnamon and brown sugar ... so I doubled the cinnamon and brown sugar filling ingredients and used pecans instead of walnuts.
Cinnamon Banana Cakeby
Yield: (18 servings)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla yogurt
For the filling:
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 13x9x2-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the bananas, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Next, add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour and yogurt - mix well to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan. Top with half of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture. Top with half of the pecans and half of the chocolate chips. Repeat layers.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Powered by Recipage
Slightly adapted from The Idea Room