Generally, I am not a fan of breakfast … or breakfast for dinner. It’s just not my thing (Unless it’s biscuits and gravy – then I’ll take a plate). However, my family acts like breakfast food is the best thing since sliced bread. If they know we’re having breakfast food for dinner – they act like they won the dinner lottery! On weekends, when I actually “make” breakfast … They’re right there like a pack of ravenous wolves waiting to be fed.
There aren't many breakfast foods I like ... and I'd rather eat toast or an English Muffin on most days. On a very rare occasion - I don't mind the idea of breakfast and will entertain eating breakfast for dinner. One of the best things about this recipe is, I don't have to spend an hour making 7 omelets for our family. I can make ALL of them at the same time - and everyone can personalize their "bag". Serve it up with some hash browns and fresh fruit ... and it's a pretty painless breakfast - that I'll even eat!
- Zip-top sandwich bags - 1 bag for each omelet
- 2 large eggs for each omelet
- Desired mix-ins
- Additional topping of choice, optional
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, if necessary, write names on the bags to identify the omelets. Crack eggs into the bag. Add desired mix-ins. Seal bag and squeeze the mixture to mix the ingredients well. Open the bag slightly and reseal bag removing as much air as you can. Using your fingers, squeeze the mixture back to the bottom of the bag. When the water boils, place bags in the water for exactly 13 minutes. (In my soup pot, I can easily boil omelets for my family of 7.) Carefully remove the bags from the water (they will be hot) and open the top of the bag - jiggle the omelet onto a serving plate. It will roll right out! Serve with additional toppings of choice, if desired.
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved