This Saltine Toffee Candy – aka “Christmas Crack,” is in high demand during the holidays! True to its name, it is delicious and addicting! Family and friends will beg you to make this!
Saltine Toffee Candy – aka “Christmas Crack”
You’re going to either really love me or really hate me for this post. Either way, I’m going to apologize now because this Saltine Toffee Candy is too good not to share! Some of you may know it as “Christmas Crack” because it is addicting. Consider yourself warned! You have to wonder how a candy that has saltine crackers can even remotely be that “good” – but one bite and you’ll be a believer. I promise it doesn’t taste like crackers! 🙂
This is one of those recipes I have to make during the holidays. It’s not even an option. My family loves it that much! Heck, everyone who tries it loves it! It’s super easy to make – you only need a handful of ingredients! Be a rockstar at the office party with this treat. Make sure to print copies of the recipe – I can almost guarantee people will want it!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 sleeve (4 oz.) saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a 13x9-inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray it with cooking spray.
- Line the prepared baking sheet with saltine crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium saucepan combine the brown sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3-4 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate with a spatula and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.
*Side note - I put this in the freezer to get it to harden up quicker!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.