Be the star of any party or get-together with these amazingly easy and delicious Mini Cannoli Cups! A real crowd-pleaser!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Mini Cannoli Cups
When we entertain, I love to share recipes (especially desserts!) that wow my guests. Although I have made quite a few recipe-begging desserts in my day, I love the ones that “seem” complicated but are really easy … it adds to the “wow factor,” don’t you think?! These are one of those recipes! So divine and indulgent, but super easy to make! The fact that they are bite-sized really adds to their appeal! People love them! With Christmas just a few days away, and then the New Year, these are the perfect party food – your guests are sure to LOVE them!
slightly adapted from Pillsbury
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 1 container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange or lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 3 tbsp. turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips or finely chopped pistachios
- Additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly flour a work surface and unroll the pie crusts. Sprinkle both of the pie crusts with turbinado sugar and cinnamon. Gently roll a rolling pin over the top of the pie crusts to press the sugar and cinnamon into the dough. With a 2½-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter, cut out pastry rounds. Gently press each pastry round into ungreased mini muffin cups. (Note, you may need to gently re-roll the pie crusts and cut out more circles until you have 48 circles.)
- Bake the crusts 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow cannoli cups to cool completely in the pans, about 15 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cups are cooling, prepare the filling by beating all of the filling ingredients with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Place the filling in a 1-gallon zip-top resealable bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove the filling from the refrigerator. Snip one corner off of the bag and pipe approximately 1 tablespoon of filling into the cooled pastry cups. Sprinkle cups with mini chocolate chips or chopped pistachios. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: Store any remaining pastry cups at room temperature and filling in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 27mgFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g