This post is sponsored by Bush’s® Beans. I have been compensated for my work, but all opinions are my own. #BushsBeansFallFlavors
This Loaded Mexican Black Bean Hummus is so easy and delicious – perfect for game day or any gathering!
Is it just me or does it seem like there’s just something about fall that makes us want to share good food together? I mean, between football season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and church potlucks – it always seems like there is food somewhere being shared. And, I absolutely LOVE it!!
Two weekends ago, we had some friends over for an end of the season pool party and to watch football. I debated on what to make for appetizers since I knew we were going to be grilling chicken for tacos.
While doing my grocery shopping for the weekend at Walmart, I picked up several cans of Bush’s Beans – they’re a staple in our house and I love using them in so many things.
I opted to make my Fresh Salsa recipe and this Loaded Mexican Black Bean Hummus, I’m sooo glad I did – it was devoured in no time! I had to make a second batch – good thing it comes together so easily with a few common ingredients!
Bush’s Beans are a convenient pantry staple. I always have an assortment of Bush’s Beans in my pantry (with black beans being one of my faves!). They are great to keep on hand for last-minute meal needs. One of my favorite quick recipes is Cuban Black Beans and Rice. (That reminds me that I need to update those pictures – adding it to my list!) I always have all of the ingredients on hand and it’s so quick and easy to make on a hectic night using canned black beans.
You can even stretch your dollar or go meatless by using beans for a filling, inexpensive meal solution. I often add a can of beans to our taco filling to make our grocery budget stretch further (meat is expensive, y’all!). I also love to use them in casseroles and soups to make them more filling. In addition to being inexpensive, beans are healthy, tasty, quick, and easy! Used in dishes like this Loaded Mexican Black Bean Hummus, also shows Bush’s Beans are versatile enough to be used for entertaining! Make this for your next game day or party and watch it disappear!!
For the hummus
- 1 can (15 oz.) Bush's Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. packed fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Mexican hot sauce (I used Tapatío - or use taco sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the topping
- Desired amount extra black beans, rinsed and drained
- Desired amount Cojita cheese, crumbled
- Desired amount red onion, chopped
- Desired amount jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- Desired amount tomato, seeded and chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the black beans, garlic, cilantro, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, hot sauce, and cumin, blending until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer hummus to a serving container. Top with extra black beans, cheese, red onion, jalapeño, and tomato.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 646mgFiber: 17gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: