This Happy Joe’s Pizza Special is the best! It tastes just like the original Happy Joe’s pizza in the Midwest. Try it for yourself and see!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Happy Joe’s Pizza
One of my favorite restaurants in the Midwest, is a joint called Happy Joe’s Pizza. They have some of the best pizzas, and some pretty unique combinations. Now that the closest Happy Joe’s is only a mere 1,000 miles away, I can easily replicate the taste of the famous “special” at home. Here it is.
- Your favorite pizza dough or my favorite pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 can (8 oz.) sauerkraut, drained
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe instructions.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Grease a pizza pan. Pat dough into pan. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread sauce on pizza, using as much or as little as desired. Top with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Top with Canadian bacon, then sauerkraut. Sprinkle remaining 1/2-cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until pizza is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1935Total Fat: 90gSaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 283mgSodium: 7152mgFiber: 21gSugar: 25gProtein: 114g
Originally published on July 6, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.