This Happy Joe’s Pizza Special is the best! It tastes just like the original Happy Joe’s in the Midwest. Try it for yourself and see!
Happy Joe’s Pizza
This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Midwest. They have some of the best pizzas, and some pretty unique combinations. Now that the closest Happy Joe’s is only a mere 1,000 miles away, I can easily replicate the taste of the famous “special” at home. Here it is.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- Your favorite pizza dough (or try my favorite pizza dough!)
- Olive oil
- 1 jar (14 oz.) pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (6 oz.) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 can (8 oz.) sauerkraut, drained
- Prepare pizza dough according to the recipe instructions.
- Preheat the oven to the appropriate temperature for your crust per the recipe or package instructions.
- Grease a pizza pan. Pat dough into the pan.
- Spread sauce on pizza, using as much or as little as desired. Top with 1-1/2 cups cheese. Top with Canadian bacon, then sauerkraut. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake the pizza according to the crust directions or until the pizza is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1935Total Fat: 90gSaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 283mgSodium: 7152mgFiber: 21gSugar: 25gProtein: 114g
Originally published on July 6, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.