Fluffy Pancakes with Nutella and Strawberry-Banana Salsa – Perfect for a special breakfast or a lazy weekend brunch. Spread the Happy! #spreadthehappy
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Fluffy Pancakes with Nutella and Strawberry-Banana Salsa – Spread the Happy!
This post was brought to you by Nutella hazelnut spread and Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. I received compensation to write this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Did you know, International Pancake Tuesday is coming up?! (Mark your calendars – it’s Tuesday, 2/17). I love Nutella® (and who doesn’t?!), and it just so happens to be my favorite pancake topping! It makes me want to “Spread the Happy” on everything! I thought it would be yummy to combine the two – Pancakes + Nutella = LOVE! Fresh fruit makes the perfect topping for pancakes this special! No syrup needed, really! You won’t even miss it! Make this for International Pancake Tuesday, a weekend breakfast – or even for dinner! Whatever you do, just make these! 😉
Here are a few Fun Facts About Nutella
- Nutella® (pronounced “new-tell-uh”) is a tasty, unique spread made from the combination
of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa.
- Nutella® has no artificial colors or
preservatives. Nutella® hazelnut spread does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients. There is no risk
of cross contamination with peanuts in the facility in which Nutella® is manufactured.
- Nutella® hazelnut spread does not contain any ingredients derived from gluten-containing
cereals: wheat, barley, rye, oats or triticale. This way, there is no risk of cross contamination with any gluten ingredients.
- Nutella® hazelnut spread is kosher. The Nutella® hazelnut spread that is sold in the U.S., and the whey that is included in the product comes from milk, but animal rennet is not used to obtain the whey.
- Because cocoa is an ingredient in Nutella® hazelnut spread, there is a trace of caffeine in a two tablespoon serving.
For more delicious recipes and the latest Nutella news, be sure to follow Nutella® on social media:
Pick up a jar of Nutella to celebrate International Pancake Tuesday!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
For the Strawberry-Banana Salsa
- 6-8 strawberries, cleaned and hulled, diced
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
For the pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Nutella® hazelnut spread
- In a small mixing bowl, gently combine the strawberries, bananas and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with lemon juice or vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Place the egg and butter into a small mixing bowl and whisk in the "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Top each pancake stack with 2 tbsp. Nutella and some of the Strawberry-Banana Salsa. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 386mgFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 7g