This post was brought to you by Nutella hazelnut spread and Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. I received compensation to write this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Fluffy Pancakes with Nutella and Strawberry-Banana Salsa – Perfect for a special breakfast or a lazy weekend brunch. Spread the Happy! #spreadthehappy
My family looks forward to breakfast on the weekend – it means no cereal or oatmeal for them! The weekend is really the only time I make breakfast – unless we have breakfast for dinner! That doesn’t happen very often though.
Did you know, International Pancake Tuesday is coming up?! (Mark your calendars – it’s Tuesday, 2/17). I love Nutella® (who doesn’t?!) – and it just so happens to be my favorite pancake topping! It makes me want to “Spread the Happy” on everything! I thought it would be yummy to combine the two – Pancakes + Nutella = LOVE! Of course, fresh fruit makes the perfect topping for pancakes this special! No syrup needed – really! You won’t even miss it! Make this for International Pancake Tuesday, a weekend breakfast – or even for dinner! Whatever you do, just make it! 😉
- Nutella® (pronounced “new-tell-uh”) is a tasty, unique spread made from the combination
of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa.
- Nutella® has no artificial colors or
preservatives.Nutella® hazelnut spread does not contain peanuts or peanut ingredients. There is no risk
of cross contamination with peanuts in the facility in which Nutella® is manufactured.
- Nutella® hazelnut spread does not contain any ingredients derived from gluten-containing
cereals: wheat, barley, rye, oats or triticale. There is also no risk of cross contamination
with any gluten ingredients.
- Nutella® hazelnut spread is kosher.For Nutella® hazelnut spread sold in the U.S., the whey included in the product comes
from milk, but animal rennet is not used to obtain the whey.
- Since cocoa is an ingredient in Nutella® hazelnut spread, there is a trace of caffeine in a
two tablespoon serving.
Fluffy Pancakes with Nutella® and Strawberry-Banana Salsa
Fluffy Pancakes with Nutella and Strawberry-Banana Salsa - Perfect for a special breakfast or a lazy weekend brunch. Spread the Happy!
For the Strawberry-Banana Salsa
- 6-8 strawberries, cleaned and hulled, diced
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
For the pancakes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray
- Nutella® hazelnut spread
- In a small mixing bowl, gently combine the strawberries, bananas and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk with lemon juice or vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Place the egg and butter into a small mixing bowl and whisk in the "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat a griddle over medium heat.
- Spray griddle with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Top each pancake stack with 2 tbsp. Nutella and some of the Strawberry-Banana Salsa. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 286kcal Calories from fat 95|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: