Make dessert easy with these Churros Bites with Chocolate Dipping Sauce! Addictingly delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Do you ever get those late night cravings for something sweet?
The other night, I really wanted churros. It’s not that they’re hard to make … But I’ll be honest, I felt super lazy and wanted something that I didn’t have to mix things up and dirty up the kitchen. I remembered that I had bought two Angel Food Cake Loafs when I went to the store last week and decided to improvise using those.
There was some Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar in the cabinet, which made things even easier (yay for no mixing!) and tastier! I put the cinnamon sugar inside a lunch-size paper bag, so other than a skillet and a cutting board; there was nothing to wash! I loved it! It was the perfect little snack with leftovers for breakfast!
In fact, I loved it so much that I used the second Angel Food Cake Loaf to make another batch to share with the kiddos. This time, I make some chocolate sauce to dip the Churros Bites in …. amazing, y’all. The kids have already asked me to pick up another Angel Food Cake Loaf so we can make this again next weekend when they have some friends over! I might have to pick up two – that’s how popular I know this will be!
I will warn you that Angel Food Cake browns very quickly when frying it, so when preparing this recipe, work in small batches and keep an eye on it!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
For the Churros Bites
- 1 loaf (10 oz.) Angel Food Cake Loaf, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Adams Extract Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar, plus more as necessary
For the Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream just until bubbles start forming on the outside edge of the pan. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth. Keep warm.
For the Churros Bites:
- Place the cinnamon-sugar in a lunch-size paper bag and set aside.
- Heat ¼-in of oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Working in small batches, fry the cake cubes on all sides until golden brown. Immediately place the fried cake cubes into the paper bag with the cinnamon-sugar. Close the bag and shake until the pieces are well-coated. Transfer the cinnamon-sugar coated cubes to a serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining cake cubes.
- Serve Churros Bites with Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 289mgFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 8g