This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Adams Extract. The opinions and text are all mine.
Make dessert easy with these Churros Bites with Chocolate Dipping Sauce! Addictingly delicious!
Welcome to #SummerDessertWeek y’all! Not only will I be sharing some tempting treats this week, but so will 24 of my blogging friends! Be sure to check out their posts (links included below) for even more yumminess!
Do you ever get those late night cravings for something sweet?
The other night, I really wanted churros. It’s not that they’re hard to make … But I’ll be honest, I was feeling super lazy and wanted something that I didn’t have to mix things up and dirty up the kitchen. I remembered that I had bought two Angel Food Cake Loafs when I went to the store last week and decided I could improvise using those. I remember seeing a video doing something similar awhile back, so I was sure I could wing it.
I had some Adams Extract Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar in the cabinet which made things even easier (yay for no mixing!) and tastier! I put the cinnamon-sugar inside a lunch-size paper bag so other than a skillet and a cutting board, there was nothing to wash! I loved it! It was the perfect little snack with leftovers for breakfast! 😉
In fact, I loved it so much that I used the second Angel Food Cake Loaf to make another batch to share with the kiddos. This time, I make some chocolate sauce to dip the Churros Bites in …. amazing, y’all. The kids have already asked me to pick up another Angel Food Cake Loaf so we can make this again next weekend when they have some friends over! I might have to pick up two – that’s how popular I know this will be!
I will warn you that Angel Food Cake browns very quickly when frying it, so when preparing this recipe, work in small batches and keep an eye on it!
I also want to mention that we have a big giveaway going on for #SummerDessertWeek so be sure to scroll all the way down through to the bottom of the post and enter for a chance to win one of six great prizes!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
For the Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
For the Churros Bites
- 1 loaf (10 oz.) Angel Food Cake Loaf, cut into 1-in. cubes
- Oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Adams Extract Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar, plus more as necessary
For the Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream just until bubbles start forming on the outside edge of the pan. Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth. Keep warm.
For the Churros Bites:
- Place the cinnamon-sugar in a lunch-size paper bag and set aside.
- Heat ¼-in of oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Working in small batches, fry the cake cubes on all sides until golden brown. Immediately place the fried cake cubes into the paper bag with the cinnamon-sugar. Close the bag and shake until the pieces are well-coated. Transfer the cinnamon-sugar coated cubes to a serving platter.
- Repeat with remaining cake cubes.
- Serve Churros Bites with Chocolate Dipping Sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 289mgFiber: 3gSugar: 47gProtein: 8g
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors! Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set. OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint, and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character, 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel, and coasters.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: