Mexican Chocolate Churros with Dipping Sauce – a simple and delicious Mexican treat that gets a flavor boost from Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer! #LatinTouchCGC #ad
Mexican Chocolate Churros with Dipping Sauce and a GIVEAWAY!
The other day, I was doing my weekly shopping. I stopped by the refrigerated section to see if I could find any Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer out yet (no luck!) … but I did spot some Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer! Me being me, I had to pick some up to try! I love Mexican Hot Chocolate and adding it to my coffee sounded delicious! Thankfully, Coffee-mate carries La Lechera® Dulce de Leche flavored creamer! I picked up both flavors to try, of course! 🙂
Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer is a silky, cinnamony, rich, authentic experience. Coffee-mate La Lechera® Dulce de Leche creamer is a creamy, dreamy, milk caramel caress from the Southern side of the continent! To find a store near you that carries these two new Coffee-mate Latin flavors, use this store locator tool. It is impossible not to fall in love with these two new flavors!
A creative idea
After school yesterday, the kids kept talking about making churros for dessert. I had this crazy idea to try my new coffee creamer in place of the water in my usual recipe and see how it turned out! Since I had some Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets in the pantry, I thought it would be fun to whip up a chocolaty dipping sauce to go with it! Churros are one of my family’s favorite treats – and they are sooo easy to make! Don’t be intimidated to make them yourself! I’m so glad we used the Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer – it was a nice change from our usual churros! Maybe next time we’ll try churros with the Coffee-mate La Lechera® Dulce de Leche creamer and another fun dipping sauce! 🙂
Be sure to follow Coffee-mate on Twitter for more delicious fun and more giveaway opportunities! Add a touch of Latin to your day!
Thanks to my friends at Coffee-mate, one lucky Love Bakes Good Cakes reader will have the opportunity to win a custom designed coffee mug by Kathy Cano-Murillo of Crafty Chica (actual design may vary from any images shown), coasters and 2 full-value Coffee-mate product coupons ($31 ARV).
Good luck, y’all!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
For the churros
- 1 cup Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate liquid coffee creamer
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Oil, for frying
For the dipping sauce
- 2 Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a deep skillet or fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the creamer, butter and salt just to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in flour until the mixture forms a ball. Place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl and beat on low speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Increase mixer speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stop mixer and set dough aside.
- In a separate container, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
For the dipping sauce:
- Bring a double-broiler to a simmer over medium heat. Melt the Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets in the top of the double-broiler. Remove from the heat and add the heavy cream, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon the flour mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star-shaped tip. Carefully pipe the batter into 6-inch strips in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the fryer.
- Cook for 4-7 minutes, turning once, or until the churros are lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove with a metal slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. While the churros are still warm gently toss in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 83mgFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g