Mexican Chocolate Churros with Dipping Sauce – a simple and delicious Mexican treat that gets a flavor boost from Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer! #LatinTouchCGC #ad
The other day, I was doing my weekly shopping. I stopped by the refrigerated section to see if I could find any Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer out yet (no luck!) … but I did spot some Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer! Me being me, I had to pick some up to try! I love Mexican Hot Chocolate and adding it to my coffee sounded delicious! I also saw that Coffee-mate carries La Lechera® Dulce de Leche flavored creamer! I picked up both flavors to try, of course! 🙂
Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer is a silky, cinnamony, rich, authentic experience. Coffee-mate La Lechera® Dulce de Leche creamer is a creamy, dreamy, milk caramel caress from the Southern side of the continent! To find a store near you that carries these two new Coffee-mate Latin flavors, use this store locator tool. It is impossible not to fall in love with these two new flavors!
After school yesterday, the kids kept talking about making churros for dessert. I had this crazy idea to try my new coffee creamer in place of the water in my usual recipe and see how it turned out! Since I had some Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets in the pantry, I thought it would be fun to whip up a chocolaty dipping sauce to go with it! Churros are one of my family’s favorite treats – and they are sooo easy to make! Don’t be intimidated to make them yourself! I’m so glad we used the Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate creamer – it was a nice change from our usual churros! Maybe next time we’ll try churros with the Coffee-mate La Lechera® Dulce de Leche creamer and another fun dipping sauce! 🙂
Be sure to follow Coffee-mate on Twitter for more delicious fun and more giveaway opportunities! Add a touch of Latin to your day!
For the churros
- 1 cup Coffee-mate Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate liquid coffee creamer
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Oil, for frying
For the dipping sauce
- 2 Abuelita® Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a deep skillet or fryer, heat oil to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the creamer, butter and salt just to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in flour until the mixture forms a ball. Place the flour mixture in a mixing bowl and beat on low speed with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Increase mixer speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stop mixer and set dough aside.
- In a separate container, mix the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
For the dipping sauce:
- Bring a double-broiler to a simmer over medium heat. Melt the Mexican Chocolate Drink tablets in the top of the double-broiler. Remove from the heat and add the heavy cream, stirring with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Spoon the flour mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star-shaped tip. Carefully pipe the batter into 6-inch strips in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the fryer.
- Cook for 4-7 minutes, turning once, or until the churros are lightly browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove with a metal slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. While the churros are still warm gently toss in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Serve with the dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 83mgFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Thanks to my friends at Coffee-mate, one lucky Love Bakes Good Cakes reader will have the opportunity to win a custom designed coffee mug by Kathy Cano-Murillo of Crafty Chica (actual design may vary from any images shown), coasters and 2 full-value Coffee-mate product coupons ($31 ARV).
Good luck, y’all!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: