Caramelitas have ooey gooey caramel, paired with chocolate and an oatmeal crust. They are so easy to make and they are totally addicting!
It’s been a long week and I am soooo glad it’s the weekend – finally! Brian’s work schedule is crazy and I have had a lot to deal with by myself this week. It has drained me. I need one of those “mom time-outs” that I’ve heard about!
We’ve got family in town this weekend for a birthday party, so I am looking forward to having some down time and fun!
Speaking of fun, how fun are these Caramelitas?! Have mercy!! They’ve got a buttery oatmeal crust with yummy caramel and chocolate, sprinkled with nuts! I needed a little somethin’ somethin’ to brighten my spirits after this past week and these little treats hit the spot!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (12 1/4 oz.) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13x2-in. baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the 1 cup of flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and butter. Mix well. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, combine the caramel topping with the 1 tbsp. of flour until smooth. Drizzle the caramel over the chocolate chips. Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until bubbly. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 105mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
I have been known to take these tasty treats to potlucks – people just love them! They’re so rich and indulgent! Make some – sharing is optional! 🙂
Other Posts You May Enjoy: