This BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps recipe makes a quick and easy dinner or lunch idea! Imagine a chicken salad combined with a BLT – all in a delicious, convenient wrap form. Sounds good, doesn’t it?!
Table of contents
Chicken Salad with Avocado
Recently, I needed a quick dinner idea. Although BLT sandwiches sounded good, I only had 8 pieces of bacon for 7 people … so obviously, a traditional BLT was not gonna work. I mean, I could have had a sandwich, but what was everyone else going to eat?! 😂
Thinking outside the box a bit, but still going with the BLT idea, I came up with this salad wrap recipe. I had some leftover chicken from the night before and an avocado that needed to be used, so this was a cinch to throw together! Think chicken wrap + BLT + avocado. A match made in heaven! It’s so good and so simple to make too.
Make these chicken salad wraps for lunch or dinner, or even as a snack, any time of year, any day of the week. They’re a winner for the whole family.
There’s this saying … ”necessity is the mother of invention” … and when I needed a recipe, I invented this one! It’s dang good if I say so myself! This BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps recipe is the best chicken salad recipe! Enjoy!
BLT Chicken Salad: Ingredients & Equipment
To make this chicken salad with avocado, you’ll need …
- tortillas – burrito-sized and warmed. These are your wraps, of course!
- bacon – you’ll need one or two pieces for each wrap, cooked and crumbled so you’ve got nice crunchy bits!
- chicken – cubed, shredded … plain, buffalo, ranch … however, you like it, so long as it fits into a wrap and you enjoy it. You can use chicken breasts or chicken tenderloin, or even ground chicken if that’s what you prefer.
- cherry tomatoes, celery, green onions, lettuce leaves – your veggies, plus the “LT” of the “BLT” part in this wrap. Make sure they’re all diced and quartered so they fit into the tortilla.
- avocado – pitted and chopped. The last little part of this wrap, and an ingredient you can’t leave out, in my opinion! It’s truly the icing on the cake here!
- mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper – these form your chicken salad “dressing” and they’re oh so good. Be sure to adjust the salt and pepper to your tastes!
NOTE: When it comes to veggies especially, you’ll want to use the freshest ingredients you can find. The chicken can be leftover, but the veggies? You’ll want the good stuff!! I know this seems like a no-brainer, but you’ll taste the difference – trust me! There’s a big gap between an OK chicken salad wrap and a spectacular one!
- bowl – to mix all your ingredients before putting them into the wrap!
Chicken Salad Wrap: FAQs
If you already have cooked chicken, just a few minutes as you combine the ingredients and wrap them up! If you don’t have cooked chicken, I’d say about a half-hour (10 minutes for prep, 20 for cooking).
About 6-8, depending on how much “stuff” you like in your wrap!
Romaine or iceberg lettuce is your best bet here!
You can leave it in the fridge for up to 6 hours – I’d wrap it in plastic wrap or something similar. But, honestly, it’s best eaten immediately! You want all those ingredients fresh!
Other recipes you may enjoy
Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato Chicken Salad Wraps
This BLT Avocado Chicken Salad Wraps recipe makes a quick and easy dinner or lunch idea! Imagine a chicken salad combined with a BLT - all in a delicious, convenient wrap form. Sounds good, doesn’t it?!
- 3 cups cooked, cubed or shredded chicken
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- 6-8 lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- 3/4-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon. lemon juice
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-8 large burrito-size tortillas, warmed
- Place the chicken, bacon, tomatoes, celery, green onions, and avocado in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Line tortillas with lettuce leaves. Top with chicken salad mixture.
- Roll up like a burrito. If desired, cut the wrap in half and serve immediately.
- To make this slightly better for you, you can use low-fat mayo.
- Or substitute the mayo for Greek yogurt!
- Change up the flavors by using buffalo chicken, lemon-pepper chicken, ranch chicken, etc...
- Add some fresh herbs for a new spin on the flavors!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, Non-Slip, Extra Large Thick Chopping Boards, Dishwasher Safe, Non-Porous, Set of 3
Chef Knife - 8 Inches
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 burrito
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1286Total Fat: 63gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 2793mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 22gSugar: 12gProtein: 55g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Originally published on August 24, 2014. Updated on June 3, 2022.
MMmmmmm…I love wraps with bacon inside!
Me too! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by, Julie!
Jamie – THANK YOU, for sharing Was incredible! Ease of putting together, deep in flavors. Planned on sharing what was left, with neighbor- but husband, snagged it all. Will make this again and hopefully, get the next batch out of house before it disappears
Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration
Jamie, this might just be my lunch one day this week! Love the avocado!! Pinning and will be sharing – hope the week is off to a great start!
Thanks for sharing, Cindy! This would be great for lunch!
this looks so good!! I am going to pin this one! #treasureboxtuesday
Thanks so much for the pin!
A Cup Full of Sass
Oh yum!! This will be a must make in my house for sure! Found you on Whismy Wednesday. 🙂
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Thanks for stopping by!
This looks like SUCH a delicious wrap, Jamie! I love all of it!
Easy and delicious! Thanks for stopping by, Cathy!
Your Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato Chicken Wrap looks so good, wish I had it right now. Hope you are having a great Labor Day Weekend and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Awesome dinner save, Jamie! Great way to stretch leftovers and not enough bacon.
Thanks for stopping by and linking!
Quick and easy is the best! This is perfect for on the go too! We can't get enough bacon here!
This sounds perfect for lunch this week!
Jamie, I love wraps and this one hits ALL of my favorite flavors. Can't wait to wrap it up!
Lunch is served! Great idea for on the go.
I lov h ow you just threw this together.