These Bacon, Avocado & Strawberry Wraps are inspired by a well-loved salad. Jazz up lunch with these salty, sweet and creamy wraps!
Bacon, Avocado & Strawberry Wraps
With summer well underway here in Phoenix, I am looking for any meal ideas that keep my kitchen cool! With temperatures in the upper 90’s and into the triple digits for months on end, it’s a necessity really. Believe me when I tell you, you can only eat sooooo many sandwiches before you get sick of them.
One of my favorite meals in the summer (aside from grilled food – that always wins) is salads. I love them because I can buy whatever is on sale that week and we can make some pretty crazy combinations. Strawberries have been on sale for the past few weeks meaning I have scored cartons for as little as 88 cents each! Have I told y’all how much I love this time of year … my grocery budget loves it too! We had a Chicken Bacon, Avocado and Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette for dinner earlier this week and I had a few leftovers of the bacon, avocados, and strawberries – no chicken. Although I could have made a small salad for lunch, I decided to put those ingredients into a wrap – and I can already see myself eating these for lunch all summer long!
Not only were they easy to make, but I love the flavor contrast of the salty bacon, the sweet juicy strawberries, and the creamy avocado! If I have leftover chicken I may add some next time, but they are totally great without it too! If you’re in a lunch rut, these Bacon, Avocado & Strawberry Wraps are your mealtime solution!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (I used OLE Mexican Foods XTREME Wellness)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to desired crispness
- 2 lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 8-10 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 tbsp. Balsamic vinaigrette
- Place tortillas on work surface.
- Fill each with ¼ of the lettuce, 2 slices cooked bacon, ¼ of the avocado slices, and ¼ of the strawberry slices. Drizzle 1 tbsp. of Balsamic vinaigrette over each tortilla.
- Roll up. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 935mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 13g