I am so excited welcome Chelsea from Gal On A Mission. I originally met Chelsea through a few blog parties that we attended together. She has some really amazing sweet and savory recipes – great for families! Be sure to stop by her blog and enter to win the NINJA Supra Kitchen System that she is giving away! Round out dinner by checking out Cupcakes & Kale Chips for some Healthy Desserts or The NY Melrose Family for some Healthy Snack Ideas in our #EatHealthy15 Series.
A lighter and refreshing apple-cranberry spinach salad recipe! Delicious with a creamy dressing or a balsamic vinaigrette.
Once the holidays have come and gone, I always seem to crave lighter foods, especially a delicious salad. Pigging out on the baked goodies and holiday beverages, I really look forward to the New Year and enjoy eating healthier options.
This delicious apple-cranberry spinach salad is a perfect option to enjoy now or even as a lighter appetizer/side dish for Valentine’s Day. This would be a delicious salad for you and your significant other to make together. It’s not a complex salad at all, but the flavors are incredible.
There are so many different dressings you can pair with this salad. A creamy or even just a balsamic vinaigrette is perfect.
- Fresh spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 medium red apple, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Creamy or Healthier Balsamic Vinaigrette (for dressing)
- Add the spinach to a salad mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the fresh cranberries a few times to finely dice them. Add the cranberries and diced apple in the same bowl as the spinach. Coat with your favorite dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
Don’t forget to stop by Gal On A Mission to enter the NINJA Supra Kitchen System giveaway! I would love for one of my readers to win this great prize!
Here are a few other recipes from Chelsea you may enjoy:
Other Posts You May Enjoy: