Although this might look or sound like a complicated recipe, I assure you it is not! It actually comes together in less than 30 minutes - making it perfect for a quick dinner idea any night of the week!
I got this recipe from my friend, Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life. She recently had surgery and a few of her blogging friends have been posting her recipes as well as sharing her stuff on our social media to keep her blog going while she recovers! If you're not already following her, you can find her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram! She shares mostly healthy recipes with a few indulgences! I had the opportunity to meet Michelle last year in Las Vegas and again in Austin. She is such a fun person and I love her to pieces!
I've had my eye on her Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup recipe for awhile. I finally made it back in December, but because of life, I haven't had the chance to post it until now! We've made it 3 or 4 times since and it's always a hit with my family - especially with my 15-year-old, Isaac! As a matter of fact, we have a batch of the paste in the refrigerator right now so we can make another pot of this soup tomorrow! (I need the leftover chicken from tonight for the soup, too!)
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! 😊
Spicy Thai Chicken Noodle Soupby
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass paste
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 Fresno chili peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 7 oz. rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- chopped cilantro, chopped green onion, red and/or green chili slices
1. Place the garlic, onion, red pepper, ginger, lemongrass, red curry paste, cilantro, chili peppers, and coconut oil in the bowl of a food processor. Cover and process until a paste forms.
2. Add the paste to a soup pot and heat over medium-high heat until it becomes fragrant. Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the rice noodles and stir. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add shredded chicken to the soup pot and heat through.
4. Just before serving, add the fish sauce, lime juice, and lime zest. Stir well to combine.
5. To serve, garnish with cilantro, green onions, and chilies.
Don't forget to pin it!