Comfort food doesn’t get any easier than this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings! It’s a hearty and delicious recipe that will have your family begging for more!
A new adventure for Love Bakes Good Cakes in 2015 is, I am joining up with eleven other bloggers to bring you a 12 Bloggers Series. Once a month – on the 12th of each month – we will be sharing a themed recipe with you and we will be linking to all of the other recipes so you can easily hop around between all of the deliciousness! We’ve got some really great themes lined up – you’ll definitely want to keep an eye out for this new series every month! All of the recipes will have 12 ingredients or less – which is great for busy cooks. That will be 12 months of 12 bloggers posting on the 12th of each month a recipe with 12 ingredients or less! Try saying that ten times fast ….. You can follow along with us on social media using the hashtag #12bloggers
This month’s 12 bloggers theme is slow-cooker soups. As soon as I saw the theme for this month, I knew what I wanted to make. This Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings is one dish my family loves when the weather is cold – there’s just something about comfort food to help warm you up! If you have never used biscuits to make dumplings, you may be a little skeptical – but let me assure you, it really works!
I will mention, if your slow cooker cooks hot, be sure to check on your dumplings early. One of my four slow cookers cooks the biscuits really fast so I have to shorten the cook time by about 20 minutes. This dish is always a hit with my family – I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 broth can water (use the empty can to measure)
- 1 tubes (7.5 oz.) refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- Chopped parsley, for serving (optional)
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the poultry seasoning, paprika, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cans of soup, chicken broth, and water; pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on HIGH.
- About 90 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and roughly chop into pieces. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the torn biscuit dough, pressing down gently to make sure they are all submerged. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
If you have a slow cooker that cooks really hot, be sure to check on the dumplings early so they don't overcook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1194mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
Don’t forget to pin it!
For more great slow cooker soup recipes, be sure to check out the other participants in the #12bloggers series …. there are so many yummy choices, I don’t know which one I want to try first!
- Crockpot Pork Ramen Soup from BetsyLife
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup from Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Cooking on the Front Burner
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili from Million Moments
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup from White Lights on Wednesday
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup from A Night Owl
- Beef Stroganoff Soup from Pink Cake Plate
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup from See Vanessa Craft
- Green Chile Pork Stew from Around My Family Table
- Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup from Big Bear’s Wife