This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for mike’s hard lemonade. I received a Circle K gift card to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Treat yourself and support breast cancer awareness with mike’s hard pink lemonade® and these delicious, fun cupcakes made with mike’s hard pink lemonade! Drink pink! #mymikesmoment #MC #sponsored
October is breast cancer awareness month. It seems we all know someone who has been affected by this terrible disease! For me, breast cancer has impacted the lives of some of my aunts and a few friends … and I have even lost people to breast cancer.
One of the ways we can help support breast cancer awareness is with purchases of mike’s hard pink lemonade! Over $1 million has been donated from the sale of this seasonal drink!
Mike’s Hard Lemonade Co., best recognized for its iconic mike’s hard lemonade, is currently celebrating its 15th anniversary! Mike’s uses real lemons – the whole lemon – including both the juice and the zest – to flavor is beverages resulting in the crispest, most refreshing taste around! Mike’s hard pink lemonade is a limited edition, seasonal flavor that’s on shelves now – and is available until Octoberish. Mike’s hard pink lemonade starts out with a crisp, bright citrus note and finishes tart and refreshing!
As a busy mom, I’m always on the go …. and it’s not always easy to take a moment for myself. While stopping at Circle K for gas and snacks for the kiddos, I went to see if I could find a treat for myself too. I picked up some mike’s hard pink lemonade and a candy bar in hopes that I could have 20 minutes just to relax after a long day. When you “drink pink,” you not only have a moment to savor for yourself, but you’ll be supporting a greater cause by helping to raise awareness for breast cancer.
I had Brian keep an eye on the kids so I could go sit by the pool and daydream … it sounds so simple, but its amazing how caught up we get with life. Let me tell you, those twenty minutes were like a mini-vacation! As crazy as it sounds, it was very awkward having time alone and my mind was in a million places at once. It was amazing! 🙂 I enjoyed 2 of the mike’s hard pink lemonades and my candy bar …. and as I sat there, I had this crazy idea to bake cupcakes – because that’s what food bloggers do! 🙂 We always think about food! I wondered if there was a way to incorporate mike’s hard pink lemonade into the cupcakes ……
When I got back in the house, I put on my apron and went to work creating these fun and delicious mike’s hard pink lemonade cupcakes! I’ve learned you have to strike while the iron’s hot …. when I’m inspired to create, I have to do it then or I forget! I get mad at myself for not remembering whatever great idea I had – that was not going to happen this time!
These mike’s hard pink lemonade cupcakes would be perfect for breast cancer survivor parties or for a girls night! Serve them with some bottles of chilled mike’s hard pink lemonade and some other easy snacks for an easy entertaining idea!
For the cupcakes
- 1 box (15.25-18.25oz.) white cake mix
- 1 cup mike's hard pink lemonade®
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- Pink food coloring, if desired
For the frosting
- 1 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 packet ( .10 oz.) Duncan Hines® frosting creations pink lemonade flavor mix
- 3-4 tbsp. mike's hard pink lemonade®
- Candy Lemon Slices
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffins cups with paper baking cup liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, mike's hard pink lemonade®, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest and food coloring with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrapes down the sides of the bowl. Mix on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes of until well combined. Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and beat on low speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stop the mixer and add the powdered sugar, Duncan Hines® frosting creations pink lemonade flavor mix and 3 tbsp. mike's hard pink lemonade®. Mix on low speed until the sugar is incorporated and then increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. If the frosting seems thick, add additional mike's hard pink lemonade® to reach the desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes. Top with candy lemon slice, if desired.
NOTE: If you like a good amount of frosting, double the frosting portion of this recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 141mgFiber: 0gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: