Welcome back to Foodie Friday!
A while ago, I was
craving Chicken Cordon Bleu, like really bad. It was like I either make it or
we were going out to get it. And well that night I was alone with my 5 kids and
I was not going out to a restaurant by myself with them, so we stayed home. Then
it turned into one of those crazy afternoons…you know the kind I mean after school chaos!!
for dinner was quickly fading before me. And then it hit me, I could use the
dough in the bread machine and make dinner rolls stuffed with Chicken Cordon
Bleu and that is where this yummy recipe came from.
for everyone. I got my the dinner I had been craving, there was little mess to
clean up and the kids loved it.
time you could buy pre-made dough, but let me tell you these rolls are to die
for, if you have time go for it….it will be worth it.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls
Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls that you will absolutely love!
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 16 slices Swiss cheese
- 16 chicken tenderloins, about 2 lbs.
- 16 slices of Black Forest ham
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the crescent rolls:
- In a bread machine add water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour.
- Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start. While the dough is doing its thing, season your chicken tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Sautee the chicken tenderloins in a pan. Add cooking oil and cook until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden in each side, about 5-7 minutes, 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside, covered with a paper towel so they do not dry out.
- When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges. On each wedge place, one chicken tenderloin, then one slice of Swiss cheese (I had to cut mine slices in half, so I laid both slices on top), and top with the slice of ham, you may need to fold it in half so that it stays on the roll and isn’t hanging over too much.
- Starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 502kcal Calories from fat 248|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
loved, loved, and loved these. Success!!! And it was great to pack in their
lunches the next day.
Like what you see here? Check out my blog A Dash of Sanity
Here are some of my most recent recipes: