Sometimes, we need meals that really stretch our dollar. This Mexican Pinto Bean Casserole is one of those kinds of dishes. Not only is it very economical, but it tastes great too! Add the fact that it’s super simple to prepare – and you’ve got yourself a great meal idea!
Mexican Pinto Bean Casserole
This is one of our family's favorite Meatless Monday meals. Since it's very economical, we enjoy it on occasion.
- 1 pkg. (11 oz.) Doritos or Fritos chips
- 2 cans (30 oz. each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced Mexican-style tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. chili powder***
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Cheddar cheese
- Optional - lettuce, sour cream, jalapenos, black olives and tomatoes/salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush chips and sprinkle into a greased 13x9x2-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients except the cheese - mix well. Pour evenly over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with lettuce, sour cream, jalapenos, black olives and tomatoes/salsa.
*** You may choose to use an envelope of taco seasoning in place of the spices, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 398kcal Calories from fat 111|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||56%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved