This Hamburger Stroganoff is easy on the budget and it makes the perfect weeknight meal!
This is one of those posts that I have been meaning to update for the longest time. If you can believe it, this Hamburger Stroganoff was one of the very first recipes I shared on Love Bakes Good Cakes. So, to say I was embarrassed by the original picture is an understatement! I’m not a photography expert by any means, but I do get excited when I have the chance to re-shoot an old recipe. It gives me the chance to see how far I have come in this blogging journey! I hope you enjoy watching the progress as well! 🙂
This Hamburger Stroganoff recipe is great for those crazy nights! Not only is it super simple and quick, but since it uses ground beef, it’s a bit more budget-friendly … and I know we can all use some of that! For nights when I need dinner lightning quick (or those nights when I feel lazy!), I use canned cream of mushroom soup. I have had just as great of success with making my own cream sauce however, and so I have provided BOTH options for you! If you don’t mind canned soup, feel free to use that shortcut. If canned soup is not your style, no worries there either – the from-scratch sauce comes together quickly and easily!
Other Quick Dinner Ideas You May Enjoy:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted (see note below)
- 4 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in soup. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and cook until mixture is hot. DO NOT BOIL!
- Serve over cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
To make condensed soup substitute:
- Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in 3 tbsp. flour and stir until smooth and bubbly. While continuously stirring, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk. Bring to a low boil, continuing to stir until it thickens.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Use in place of canned cream of "whatever kind" of soup. You can also add herbs, celery or mushrooms.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 631mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 26g