Hello my #LoveBakesGoodCakesPeeps! I hope you are all having a great summer. I am summering in Alaska this year….because when one thinks of summer the first place that pops into your head is Alaska, right? Okay, so it does have beaches…..cold beaches….but it also has glaciers – so that’s pretty amazing!
- 1 red cabbage (about 4-5 pounds), washed, cored & shredded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Add the shredded cabbage in a large bowl, toss with the chopped cilantro.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top, then pour over that the lemon juice, and finally the salt. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss again when ready to serve. Keeps for up to 5 days if kept n an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 586mgFiber: 9gSugar: 25gProtein: 6g