Sweet and tangy in an ocean of cream, this Cranberry Fluff Salad goes with everything from Thanksgiving turkey to a full Christmas dinner. If you need an upgrade on the standard dessert salad, you’re in luck!
Table of contents
Cranberry Salad Recipe
There are certain fruits I associate with at certain times of the year. Summer, to me, is full of blueberries and watermelon, while spring is for strawberries! Fall and winter, however, are for cranberries, and I’m always looking for new ways to serve them up on the holidays.
I mean, cranberry sauce is lovely, but y’all, you know the feeling of wanting something different for once.
I came up with this amazing Cranberry Fluff Salad as a sweet and tangy counter to everything else at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.
You use cranberry sauce, pineapple, and whipped topping to make it. You can sprinkle in some pecans and/or mini marshmallows. Delicious!!
For all the cranberry lovers out there, this one’s a big surprise when it lands on the table! I hope you enjoy it!
Cranberry Fluff Salad: Ingredients & Equipment
For this Cranberry Fluff Salad recipe, you’ll need …
- Whole berry cranberry sauce and crushed pineapple are your fruit ingredients, and combine to make a tangy fluff! Make sure you drain the pineapple.
- cream cheese and heavy cream – these two ingredients make the whipped topping “dressing” that holds your other ingredients together.
- mini marshmallows – fun and sweet additions/mix-ins for your salad.
- pecans – another delicious addition to your fluff salad. This is optional, but I love the crunch.
- bowls – you’ll need two (one for the cranberry mixture and one for the whipped topping).
How to make Cranberry Fluff Salad
First, combine your fruit ingredients. This means stirring together your crushed pineapple and cranberry sauce in a large bowl.
Next, combine your dairy products. You’ll beat cream cheese in a separate bowl until it becomes smooth, then continue to beat it after adding heavy cream. When stiff peaks have formed, you know you’ve made whipped topping!
After that, combine all your other ingredients. Fold your whipped topping into the cranberry/pineapple mixture until it’s well combined. If you’re using mini marshmallows and pecans, stir those in as well.
Finally, chill and serve! Cover the fluff salad, wait at least four hours to serve it, and then enjoy!
Cranberry Fluff Salad: FAQs
It makes enough for about 10-12 servings.
Only about 15 minutes, plus a few hours, to chill in the fridge. You want all those flavors to combine!
Absolutely!! Just make sure it’s thawed.
Unfortunately, half and half won’t stiffen enough!! If you’re in a pinch, like I said above, you can use store-bought whipped topping instead.
Sure! You can use either fresh or frozen cranberries. Just place them in a food processor and pulse until they look finely chopped.
It’s actually better to make it ahead of time!! You need to leave it in the fridge for at least an hour since this gives the ingredients time to meld together well and stiffen. In fact, you can easily leave this in the fridge for two to three days in an airtight container! Just don’t open it too many times, and make sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Cranberry Fluff Salad
Sweet and tangy in an ocean of cream, this Cranberry Fluff Salad goes with everything from Thanksgiving turkey to a full Christmas dinner. You're in luck if you need an upgrade on the classic dessert salad!
- 1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together cranberry sauce and crushed pineapple.
- With a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour in the heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped topping mixture into the cranberry mixture until well combined.
- Stir in mini marshmallows and pecans if using.
- Cover and chill for at least four hours before serving.
- If you prefer, you can use an 8 oz. tub of thawed whipped topping in place of the cream cheese and heavy cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Leave a Reply