If biscuits and gravy had kin, this would be it.
Cheesy Ham on Cornbread
This makes an easy breakfast or dinner. It's also great if you have leftover ham and/or cornbread and want a new way to eat it! Y'all know with the holiday's approaching, there will be leftover ham in our forecast .... and it's coming soon! This recipe will help you use up those leftovers in a new way!
- 1 recipe Southern Cornbread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fully-cooked ham, cubed
- Prepare cornbread according to recipe directions.
- When the cornbread is almost done, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the flour until smooth. Slowly add the milk while stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the ham and heat through.
- Cut cornbread into squares. Serve the cornbread topped with cheesy ham mixture.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 309kcal Calories from fat 175|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
**Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE**
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved