This Cheesy Ham on Cornbread makes an easy breakfast or dinner. This recipe will help you use up those leftovers in a new way!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Cheesy Ham on Cornbread
This makes an easy breakfast or dinner. It’s also great if you have leftover ham and/or cornbread and want a new way to eat it! Y’all know with the holiday’s approaching, there will be leftover ham in our forecast …. and it’s coming soon! This recipe will help you use up those leftovers in a new way!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 recipe Southern Cornbread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups fully-cooked ham, cubed
- Prepare cornbread according to recipe directions.
- When the cornbread is almost done, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Stir in the flour until smooth. Slowly add the milk while stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Add the ham and heat through.
- Cut cornbread into squares. Serve the cornbread topped with cheesy ham mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 861mgFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Originally published on October 27, 2012. Updated on April 22, 2021.