Bunny Bait is candy-coated popcorn, cereal, and pretzel sticks mixed with plenty of sprinkles and Easter candy. Great for treat bags, Easter baskets, movie night, or general snacking!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Bunny Bait recipe
I’m a nerd when it comes to holidays. Not only do I like to talk to my kids about our family’s traditions and why we do what we do to celebrate, but I usually try to do something extra special in addition to what we normally do. Sometimes, it’s as simple as decorating gingerbread men at Christmas … or making a fun new red, white, and blue dessert for the 4th of July.
A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to the kids about Easter. After our conversation, I thought it would be fun to find a few Easter-themed movies to watch and create some fun treat to go along with them.
What’s a movie without snacks? The kids suggested making a snack mix with some of our favorite Easter candy, and I picked the popcorn, cereal, and pretzel combination to go along with it.
This recipe is so easy, and the kids loved being able to help. The hardest part was waiting long enough for the candy coating to set up so we could eat it! You can speed up the process by popping it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or so!
Soft Bites Bunnies, Sour Bunny Gummies, Chicks, Ducks & Bunnies, and Soft & Chewy Ropes are the perfect addition to any springtime recipes, and they can be found at major retailers nationwide. I’ve included them in this Bunny Bait recipe, but they’re also ideal for stuffing Easter eggs for a sweet reward! Feel free to adjust the recipe to what you can find locally.
My kids love this fun holiday treat mixture!
The kids enjoyed this Bunny Bait so much that we will be making treat bags to share with our neighbors. This makes a great classroom treat too!
I’ve also included a free printable should you want to make treat bags for your Bunny Bait! Feel free to download the image for your own personal use – You may not claim the image as your own, resell, or redistribute it.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 bag (12 oz.) white candy melts
- 1-2 tablespoons assorted spring sprinkles
- 1/2 cup SweeTARTS Soft Bites Bunnies
- 1/2 cup SweeTARTS Chicks, Ducks & Bunnies
- 1 package (3 oz.) SweeTARTS Soft & Chewy Ropes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the popcorn, cereal, and pretzel sticks in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Pour the melted candy over the popcorn mixture and mix until all pieces are well coated. Pour the popcorn mixture evenly out onto the baking sheet. Immediately top with sprinkles. Allow melted candy coating to harden.
- Once the candy coating has rehardened, break the popcorn, cereal, and pretzel pieces apart. Mix in the SweeTARTS Soft Bites Bunnies, Chicks, Ducks & Bunnies, and SweeTARTS Soft & Chewy Ropes.
- If desired, Bunny Bait can be packaged into treat bags or transferred to a serving bowl. Store covered at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 286mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g