This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This BBQ Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad is a quick and delicious dinner idea! A bed of fresh mixed greens is topped with grilled chicken, cooked bacon, crisp cucumbers, fresh tomatoes and chunks of Cheddar cheese – and then is topped with your favorite Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce! This recipe is pure awesomeness! #12bloggers
I can’t even tell y’all how excited I am to share this salad with you. Not only is it a part of the #12bloggers series this month – but it just happens to be one of my favorite dinner salads ever!! Yes, ever! I think the thing I love most about this sald (besides the yummy ingredients, obviously!) is just how quick and easy this comes together!
I love grilled chicken in this salad – and if you have leftover grilled chicken from the night before, you’re one step ahead of the game! If you really want to make this salad easy, pick up a rotisserie chicken at your local store – it almost makes this a no cook meal …. unless you buy precooked bacon too! 😀
As I mentioned, this is part of the #12bloggers series. Every month, on the 12th of the month, 12 bloggers get together and share an awesome themed recipe with you – each recipes containing 12 ingredients or less! This month, we’re sharing summer salad recipes! Be sure to read to the end of the post to check them all out!
For the chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 8 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 oz. Cheddar cheese), cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Your favorite Ranch dressing (or try my homemade version)
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (or try my homemade version)
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared grill for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear. Remove from grill and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- For each salad, place two cups of mixed salad greens on serving plate. Divide the tomatoes, Cheddar cheese, cucumber and bacon between the plates. Cut the chicken into strips or cubes and place on top of the salad.
- To serve, drizzle with Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 655mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
I shared one of my favorite salads with you – what are some of your favorite salad ingredients?
Other Posts You May Enjoy: