This Asian Chicken Salad is quick and easy to put together using fresh, crunchy veggies and tender grilled chicken! Serve it with a tangy and delicious Asian-style vinaigrette for a meal the entire family will love – yes, even the kiddos!
Asian Chicken Salad
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SCNRF http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Let me start by saying that I love salad …. my family, eh, they’re not as thrilled. I could eat salad in one form or another every single day and not get tired of it. My family eats it, but I know it’s not their favorite thing. As matter of fact, Abby loves to tell me that she doesn’t want any salad for dinner …. just chicken! Aren’t three-year-olds cute?!
To be honest, our family eats quite a bit of chicken. Like, we have it in one form or another 3-4 nights a week – easily! Brian prefers it over other meats or proteins and I love that it’s very versatile. Since the weather in warming up here in Phoenix, we are doing a lot of grilling and it makes me want to eat salads even more. I don’t know about you, but when it’s hot, I really don’t want a lot of heavy food … and I definitely don’t want to heat up the house!
A trip to the store
We stopped at Sam’s Club the other day to pick up a few things for a BBQ for the weekend. While in the freezer section, I spotted a product I had never seen before – NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions. Have you seen it at your local Sam’s Club? I love finding new products and trying them out!
Even more, I love that NatureRaised Farms Chicken is 100% natural* – no antibiotics, added hormones or steroids!** The chickens are fed a 100% vegetarian diet and are bred through natural selection versus genetic modification. I found out that the chickens are raised in modern, open barns with great ventilation and they have a safe place to go when inclement weather comes. I don’t know about you but I like making better choices for my family and knowing what we’re actually eating.
Even though we didn’t need it for our BBQ, I went ahead and picked up a bag of the NatureRaised Farms® Chicken in hopes of sneaking in a salad for dinner this week. I have been craving a sweet and savory kind of salad and knowing that I make a mean Asian marinated grilled chicken, well, and Asian-style salad seemed only logical! I really hoped to get my family on board with this one!
Making the salad
Since I’m always trying to get my family to eat healthier, salad dishes are a big help to me. They are full of colorful veggies and lean meat choices. Lean meat like NatureRaised Farms Chicken. NatureRaised Farms Chicken makes me feel better about my choices by knowing how our food is raised and processed! Sure, they grumble about all the veggies, but topping it with tender, grilled chicken makes it easier to get them excited!
To help get my kiddos on board to the idea of having salad for dinner, I wanted to make sure I added that “sweet” element that I was sure they would love, while still keeping it healthy. The tender marinated chicken, sweet Asian vinaigrette and the addition of Mandarin oranges make this recipe a rocking dish! It is sooooo full of flavor!!! And did I mention quick and easy!?
My Asian Chicken Salad was a hit with the kids – and Brian! Although, I will confess, Brian did skip the mandarin oranges …. I guess we’ll work getting the husband to eat fruit next! 😉
Be sure to shop at your local Sam’s Club freezer section to purchase NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions! For more recipes, special offers and the latest news, follow NatureRaised Farms on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+.
Other posts you may enjoy:
For the chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
For the salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3-4 fresh Mandarin oranges, peeled and divided into segments (or substitute 1 can (15 oz.) Mandarin oranges in water, drained
For the vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic. Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour the soy sauce mixture over the top. Cover and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Drain and discard the marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear. Remove from grill and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Arrange and divide the salad ingredients on individual plates.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into strips or cubes and place on top of the salad.
- To serve, drizzle each salad with prepared vinaigrette.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 1476mgFiber: 8gSugar: 27gProtein: 69g
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken