Christmas is less than a week away y'all! I don't know about you, but things get crazy hectic around here in the days leading up to Christmas .... I need easy recipes like these Peppermint meringues - you can make them and "forget about them" for awhile!
- 2 egg whites
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 peppermint candy canes, crushed
1. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Sprinkle with the salt and cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks forms. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased foil-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with crushed candy. Bake at 225°F for 90 minutes (one and a half hours).
3. Turn off the oven heat and leave cookies in the oven with the door slightly ajar for at least an hour or until the cookies cool.
4. Store in an airtight container.
Powered by Recipage
Other Posts You May Enjoy: