Raspberry Meringue Soufflé is a simple & de-light-ful
dessert made with fresh raspberries and a classic meringue topping.
followers of Love Bakes Good Cakes.
noon and night.
this under control, and eating lighter dishes is helping me ease my way into
enjoying the food I love, while not over loading on unwanted calories.
perfect combination for any dessert. I love to mix this together, the meringue
mellows out tartness from the raspberries.
might want something a little lighter.
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Get 6 ramekins and set
- In a small saucepan bring raspberries, water, cornstarch
and 1/3 cup sugar to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Once it
starts to boil, cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Then remove from heat and set
aside to cool.
- Make meringue by whisking the egg whites until they form
soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar and cream of tartar and whisk on high speed
until glossy & firm peaks form.
- Divide the raspberry mixture evenly among the 6 ramekins.
Then top with the meringue. My kids like just a little meringue, I love a TON
of meringue, like pictured. Put as much or as little as you want.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and set in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the meringue starts to turn a golden brown. Remove from
oven, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 387mgFiber: 5gSugar: 32gProtein: 2g
Here are some of my favorite recent recipes, hope you come over and check them out.