Chocolate chip cookies or cheesecake? Why choose when you can have these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars!! They are the best of both worlds!
Life is full of decisions ... decisions like, should I get up and exercise or sleep an extra hour? Chicken tacos or beef tacos? You know, important stuff!
When it comes to dessert, I don't want to choose. I'm sure you don't want to either! With these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars, you don't have to choose - you get the best of both worlds! Chocolate chip cookies AND cheesecake ... you're welcome! 😊
This recipe has been in my recipe box for more than 20 years and it's always a favorite with family, friends, and when I take it to potlucks! I love that it only has FOUR INGREDIENTS and it comes together pretty quickly. You can use pre-made refrigerated cookie dough - or use your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. You'll need about 2 cups to make these Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars!
What are you waiting for ... make the recipe!! You'll be soooo glad you did! 💓
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 tube (16.5 oz.) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (or 2 cups of homemade cookie dough)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Challenge cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Divide the cookie dough in half. To make the crust, press half of the dough into the bottom prepared baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until the mixture is smooth. Spread over the crust. Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the top.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
5. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Don't forget to pin it!