I recently shared this recipe over at Alderberry Hill. If you haven’t been over to Sarah’s blog, be sure to stop by – she has some pretty awesome recipes and projects! I’m sharing it over here for anyone who may have missed it!
As many of you know, I’m not a breakfast eater … but my kids love anything to do with breakfast! They love it all. Most days, I’m content with my toast and coffee.
From time to time, I like to make muffins (and believe me, I have tons of muffin recipes) not only for breakfast, but I like to have them around for snacks! They’re quick, easy and a hit with my kids – and me on occasion! These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins are a family-favorite …. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
For the muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
For the streusel
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the milk and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips and strawberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ¾-full.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients - cutting the butter into the flour and sugar until it forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the streusel mixture evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins test clean when a toothpick is inserted near the middle.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 196mgFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 4g