These RO*TEL & Chicken Taquitos with RO*TEL Salsa make a great game day snack or party appetizer! They’re also easy enough to whip up for a quick weeknight meal!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
ROTEL & Chicken Taquitos with ROTEL Salsa
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
If you’re a basketball fan, you may have noticed all of the hype for the Big Tournament. I don’t really follow basketball, but I love having a reason to party and eat! We get together with some of our family quite regularly and I enjoy coming up with new recipes to share!
Living in the Southwest, it only seems natural for me to want to take many of my recipes in that direction. One of my favorite party foods is taquitos! They’re so versatile and easy to make – and I can usually employ the help of one or two of my kiddos!
Can you say RO*TEL?
I always have several cans of RO*TEL tomatoes in my pantry. They help me spice up dinner more times than I can count! Although RO*TEL now comes in a variety of flavors. Personally, I love the “original” flavor the most!At my local Walmart store, I can find RO*TEL brand Diced Tomatoes near the other canned tomatoes. Since I use them so often, I have been known to buy the six pack box!
When we’re having a big get-together, I love using the RO*TEL brand Diced Tomatoes for a quick salsa, and in queso – of course! Sometimes, if I’m in a hurry, I have been known to add RO*TEL to my homemade guacamole!
Whether you’re watching the Basketball Event or planning a Summer party, make sure to include these RO*TEL & Chicken Taquitos with RO*TEL Salsa! Although my family prefers the flour tortillas, you can certainly use corn tortillas instead!
Use the “Buy 3 Get 1 Free” coupon to purchase your own cans of RO*TEL at Walmart! Hurry, offer ends April 6th or “while supplies last”.
Be sure to pick up your cans of Ro*Tel to make game day a big hit! Use the “Buy 3 Get 1 Free” coupon to purchase your own cans of RO*TEL at Walmart! Hurry, offer ends April 6th or “while supplies last”.
What are your favorite recipes using RO*TEL?
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
For the salsa
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL brand diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp. lime juice
For the taquitos
- 12 fajita-size flour tortillas (warmed)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL brand Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt (optional)
- RO*TEL Salsa (recipe included) or guacamole, for serving (optional)
For the salsa: (It is best if prepared a few hours in advance)
- Place all of the salsa ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Cover and pulse 10-15 times or until the salsa is the desired consistency. Taste the salsa with a clean spoon and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
For the taquitos:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x11-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and RO*TEL until thoroughly combined. Spoon 2-3 tbsp. of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling as tight as you can. Place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling. Make sure the taquitos are not touching. Lightly brush each taquito with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the taquitos are crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with salsa or guacamole.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 535mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g