These Raspberry Jam Oatmeal bars are a quick and easy dessert or snack idea! Change up the flavor by changing the jam!
Y’all know I love easy recipes. The easier the better usually! 🙂 I have an old cookbook that belonged to my gramma. I ran across it the other day and decided to flip through the pages. I noticed my gramma had a few words (like “try” or “good”) or checkmarks here and there. I’m not really sure what the checkmarks were for? Some recipes had 2 checkmarks. Maybe it was her rating system?
After flipping through that cookbook, I wanted something kind of nostalgic and old-fashiony. Something that reminded my of my gramma. These Raspberry Jam Oatmeal Bars are super easy to throw together. They’re not super sweet, but just sweet enough. It is made in a 9×9 pan, so it was the perfect size for our family to have a few treats.
Raspberry Jam Oatmeal Bars
These Raspberry Jam Oatmeal bars are a quick and easy dessert or snack idea!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, oats and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Add the flour mixture; beat on low speed until the mixture is crumbly. Measure out 1 cup of the crumb mixture, set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the preserves and lemon juice. Carefully spread the preserves mixture over the hot crust. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over the top. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 51mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Looks wonderful. ~ Catherine
Mmmmmm….I want one! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I've pinned to my dessert board and can't wait to make some for my family.