Hey all my #LoveBakesGoodCakesPeeps! It’s me, Kim from Soliloquy Of Food &Such – AGAIN!! Today I am sharing my
Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese – with Pizza Butter.
like….pizza butter? Say whaaat?? Lemme just tell you….it’s amazing….it’s so
amazing that I am breaking Kim’s Cardinal Rule #654: do not overuse the word amazing….it’s that
concentrated pizza sauce flavor without the mess of runny, liquify sauce –
which is great on pasta, but not so much on a grilled cheese. Also, precooking the pepperoni enhances the
overall pizza outcome. I used Munster cheese, which is one of my
favorite melty cheeses, it really works well for this.
are looking for something new to feed a crowd.
In just minutes you can transform your regular grilled cheese sandwich
into a pepperoni pizza!
For The Pizza Butter
- 5 TBS tomato paste
- 2 TBS plus 2 tsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For The Sandwiches you will need
- 12 slices of Italian Bread, sliced
- 1/2 lb Munster cheese, sliced
- 4 oz pizza pepperoni pizza butter (recipe above)
- 2-3 TBS butter, melted
For The Pizza Butter:
- In a small bowl add the melted butter to the tomato paste and quickly stir together until fluffy.
- Stir in the remaining seasonings; set aside.
For The Sandwiches:
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add the pepperoni slices, keep in a single layer, cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until the slices have curled up and begin rendering. Cook up as much pepperoni as you think you will use; for mine I used 8 slices per sandwich, 48 slices of pepperoni total for 6 sandwiches.
- Transfer cooked pepperoni onto a few layers of paper towels to drain; wipe out pan.
- Divide the pizza butter amongst the 6 sandwich bottoms. Top with a few slices of cheese, the pepperoni, and another slice or two of cheese – this makes everything hold together when grilled.
- Place on the sandwich tops.
- Grill 2-3 at a time, brush the top of the bread with melted butter then place buttered-side down; butter the remaining side. Keeping a medium heat as to not scorch the bread before the middle melts, grill until golden brown – about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes before slicing, then serve and eat immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 581mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g