You don’t need to wait for the county fair to enjoy a delicious Funnel Cake! This easy-to-make recipe can be enjoyed in just a few minutes!
Is it weird that I didn’t have my first taste of county fair funnel cakes until I was an adult?! To be honest, I sort of had an idea what it was and what to expect, but I really didn’t know … if that makes sense? Was it like a waffle? Was it like a cake? I was pretty certain that I was going to love funnel cakes, though, because who doesn’t love fried dough topped with copious amounts of sugar?! 😍
My first taste of funnel cakes came at a small Midwest county fair when I was about 20 years old. I will never forget that first bite …. talk about food love! I’ve been hooked ever since! I swore as a mother, I was going to make sure my kiddos tried Funnel Cakes before they turned twenty – and they have! Many times!
Although my family loves funnel cakes, we only have them a few times a year. They are so easy to make and I always have all of the ingredients on hand to make them. The best part? I don’t have to wait for the county fair to indulge a little!
To make making these County Fair Funnel Cakes easy, you will need:
If you want to get extra fancy with your funnel cakes, you can add a spoonful of your favorite pie filling to the middle of this bad boy – then dig in as usual! With this easy-to-make recipe, you have no reason to wait for the county fair! Enjoy!
See how easy these County Fair Funnel Cakes are in the above video!
Other posts you may enjoy:
County Fair Funnel Cakes
You don't need to wait for the county fair to enjoy a delicious Funnel Cake! This easy-to-make recipe can be enjoyed in just a few minutes!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Heat oil to 375°F in a deep-fat fryer or larger heavy-bottomed skillet.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water, and vanilla until well blended. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; whisk until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger and carefully ladle ½-cup batter into the funnel. Hold the funnel several inches above the oil and release your finger, moving the funnel in a spiral motion until all of the batter has flowed out of the funnel. Scrape with a rubber spatula if necessary.
- Fry 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using tongs to flip once. Drain on paper towels. Dust with powdered sugar; serve warm.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 with remaining batter.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 249kcal Calories from fat 39|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|