This Kung Fu Panda Noodle Soup makes a quick and easy dinner idea! Simple ingredients create a dish full of flavor!
I have been dying to share this recipe with y’all! If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw the sneak peek of this recipe awhile ago! I’m excited that today is the day you can finally try it for yourself – heck, we might have to make it again this weekend in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house after going to watch Kung Fu Panda 3 in the theater!
You may remember that I’m part of a group of bloggers who share a recipe from one movie each month. As you might have guessed, this month’s Blockbuster theme is Kung Fu Panda 3. If you have watched the other two Kung Fu Panda movies then you know that Po’s adopted dad, Mr. Ping, owns a noodle shop in the Valley of Peace. He is famous for his secret ingredient noodle soup – and reveals to Po that the secret ingredient in his secret ingedient soup is “nothing” ……. he tells Po that to make something special, you just have to believe that it’s special!
I had lots of ideas for how to make this soup – and really, the only clue I had from the first two movies was that there were no radishes in the soup! 😀 I knew I wanted the Kung Fu Panda Soup to have some sort of substance – not just broth and noodles. Since my Asian Glazed Meatballs are such a hit in our house, I decided to see if I could use them in the soup! Seriously, this soup was so good that we’ve already had it a few times! I love that although the ingredients seem simple, they are elevated to another level when put together in this Kung Fu Panda Soup!
My kiddos are excited that Kung Fu Panda 3 comes out today and they have been talking about it for weeks! We loved the first two movies and we are excited to see Po meet his real father and transition from being a kung fu student to a martial arts teacher! I know after watching the new movie, the kids will be asking for this Kung Fu Panda Noodle Soup, too! What about you … Will you be heading to the theater to see Kung Fu Panda 3?!
by Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ½ cup plain, dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the soup:
- 1 carton (32 oz.) chicken stock
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) chow mein noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and steamed until tender-crisp
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Red pepper flakes, optional
5. Top individual portions with red pepper flakes, if desired.
My bloggy friends also made a few things of their own for Kung Fu Panda 3 –
- Asian Sweet & Spicy Noodle Bowl from Around My Family Table
- Jiaozi | Pork Dumplings from Bread Booze Bacon
- Printable Kung Fu Panda Inspirational Quote from Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Kung Fu Panda Felt Masks from Hey, Let’s Make Stuff
- Kung Fu Panda Noodle Soup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Panda Marshmallow Pops from Celebrating Family
- Free Panda Reader & Writing Activites from Simply Kinder
- Ninja Star Pizza Wontons from Home.Made.Interest.
- Printable Panda Puzzles from Life Anchored
- Black & White Cookies from Liz on Call
- Easy Tofu Lettuce Wraps from The Wetherills Say I Do