Add your favorite toppings to this French Bread Pizza for a quick, easy and fuss-free dinner idea the whole family will love! Have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
If there is one dinner that my entire family agrees on, it’s pizza! We love the classic toppings and we also love coming up with wacky versions. Hot Dog with Macaroni and Cheese Pizza anyone?! That was totally my kids’ idea. Blech. As much as I love regular pizza, sometimes, I just don’t have the time or energy to make the dough from scratch. For times like that, I love to make French Bread Pizzas! It’s easy enough to pick up a loaf of French Bread to create an easy and delish dinner the entire family will love!
Of course, French Bread Pizza is nothing new. I remember my mom buying the frozen kind when I was a kid and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! Heck, I still think it’s the best thing since sliced bread! However, I’ve moved onto making my own and long gone are the days of frozen French Bread Pizza! I love how crispy the outside of the bread gets while the cheese gets all melty and ooey-gooey! Enjoy!
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) French bread
- 1 jar (14-16 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice French bread in half lengthwise. Place French bread halves on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce evenly over the top. Divide the cheese between the halves and sprinkle it evenly over the top. Top the French bread halves with desired toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted.
Slice each half into 6 slices. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 970mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 18g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: