Breadmaker French Bread goes so well with so many dishes, you will want to try this recipe for sure! Can you just taste that warm bread!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Breadmaker French Bread
I love making homemade bread. This Breadmaker French Bread is one of the recipes I use a lot. It’s super simple since the bread machine does most of the work for me. If your family enjoys homemade bread, definitely give this recipe a try!
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tbsp. water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch to seal seams.
- Sprinkle a greased baking sheet with cornmeal. Place loaves seam-side down on prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over loaves. With a sharp knife, make 4 shallow slashes across the loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 940Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 997mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g
Originally published on June 11, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.