Breadmaker French Bread goes so well with so many dishes, you will want to try this recipe for sure! Can you just taste that warm bread!
Breadmaker French Bread
I love making homemade bread. This Breadmaker French Bread is one of the recipes I use a lot. It’s super simple since the bread machine does most of the work for me. If your family enjoys homemade bread, definitely give this recipe a try!
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, optional
- In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10x8-inch rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with the long side; pinch to seal seams.
- Sprinkle a greased baking sheet with cornmeal. Place loaves seam-side down on prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over loaves. With a sharp knife, make 4 shallow slashes across the loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake at in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 940Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 997mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 33g
Originally published on June 11, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.