Crispy Dark Chocolate Cherry & Almond Bars have all the elements of a perfect bite of chocolate and make for a great afternoon pick me up. Made with dark chocolate, rice cereal, a dash of coarse sea salt, dried cherries and slivered almonds, a simple and quick recipe that taste like my favorite Kind bar.
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups crispy rice cereal
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- With cooking oil spray a 9x13 metal pan and set aside. You could also just line it with parchment as well.
- In a small bowl combine almonds and cherries and mix together, set aside.
- Using a double broiler, or what I do is get a large sauce pan, fill it with 1/3 of water, and then set a glass bowl in it. The glass bowl must cover the entire top of the pan and fit like a lid, so that the water does not get into the bowl.
- Once the water is gently simmering, add chocolate into the top of the broiler or glass bowl. Stir the chocolate frequently until completely melted. Remove the chocolate from heat and stir in rice cereal.
- Pour the chocolate and rice cereal mixture into the prepared pan into a nice smooth and thin layer, evenly spreading. Immediately sprinkle the almonds and cherries evenly over the chocolate, then using a spatula press the almonds and cherries into the chocolate. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt, to taste.
- Set pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set. Remove chocolate from pan and cut into pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 15mgFiber: 9gSugar: 28gProtein: 8g