Easily transform plain rice into this lively Cilantro Lime Rice dish. It makes the perfect accompaniment to a Mexican dinner!
I mean, we all have those weeks where nothing seems to go right, right?!
Here’s to a better week ……
With the messed up week last week, our menu was thrown completely off. It’s a good thing I keep a few things on hand for those crazy times or else my family would have been eating cereal for dinner! Lucky for them, those times are few and far between!
Tacos and burritos are some of my favorite go-to dishes because they are easy, I can use things I have on hand and everyone in my family loves them. There’s a taco truck down the street from our house throughout the week and lemme tell you – I LOVE food truck tacos! I mean, like, I love them. I have been on a mission to try to create a rockin’ taco recipe to share on the blog …. and I think I almost have it perfected.
I guess having a messed up week isn’t all bad … I made this Cilantro Lime Rice after all – and that has to account for something?! My family loves having it with some of our favorite Mexican dishes. It tastes so fresh and the combination of cilantro and lime is perfect! I made a version of those tacos I was telling you about …. oh my gosh, it was so good, y’all. I may have eaten more than I should have. Okay, I did eat more than I should have! I loved that I had the entire dinner done in about 30 minutes and all of it was so light and fresh! At least this dinner was one of the few things that went right last week – even if it wasn’t planned!
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth and rice to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with a fork. Stir the lime juice, cilantro and lime zest into the cooked rice just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 173mgFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: