This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JM Smuckers. The opinions and text are all mine.Take your breakfast to a whole new level with this Blueberry Lemon Crumb Coffee Cake! Easy to make recipe!
Most of the time, I’m not really a breakfast person. I’m usually happy with toast with jelly and a cup (or three) of coffee. Pretty exciting, huh?! Ever since I discovered the new Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread, it has been my new go to toast topper … and I have really enjoyed experiementing with it in a few recipes!
You may remember me mentioning that Abby loves using the Blueberry Lemon flavor Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Spread to make “jelly sandwiches” … so I needed to pick up a few new jars while I did my weekly shopping at Walmart! I wanted to make a coffee cake this past weekend (because i was actually inthe mood for something other than toast and coffee) and I wanted to include the new Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread – it’s just so tasty and it adds the perfect litle something to recipes!
I love that Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread is naturally sweetened with honey. Before you head to Walmart, be sure to check out Smucker’s coupon offer on ibotta.com for $1 off!
For the coffee cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Smucker's Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread - Blueberry Lemon
For the topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. cubed butter
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add the milk, lemon juice, oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir just until combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Add dollops of Smucker's Fruit and Honey Spread to the top of the coffee cake. Use a knife to add swirls.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients using a pastry blender or 2 crisscrossed knives until the mixture is the texture of cornmeal. Evenly sprinkle the mixture over the cake batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 252mgFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
Which one of the Smucker’s Fruit and Honey Fruit Spread flavors would you like to try in this coffee cake recipe – Strawberry, Tropical Fruit, Blueberry Lemon or Triple Fruit?!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: