I am so excited to welcome Andi from The Weary Chef. She shares really awesome family-friendly recipes and she recently went gluten-free! I followed Andi since the Summer of 2014 and I have been hooked on her blog since! Be sure to stop by her place and enter to win the NINJA Supra Kitchen System that she is giving away! Round out dinner by checking out Cupcakes & Kale Chips for some Healthy Desserts or The NY Melrose Family for some Healthy Snack Ideas in our #EatHealthy15 Series.
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Skillet Dinner
Tomorrow is a new year and a perfect time to start eating better. Healthy can be delicious like in this BBQ Chicken Quinoa Skillet Dinner!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 14 oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/4 c. uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce (plus a little more for drizzling)
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken, or use cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 c. shredded 2% milk cheddar or Mexican blend cheese (or more to taste)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and sauté a minute longer until garlic is white. Pour in chicken broth, and add cumin. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, hot sauce if desired, and shredded chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Replace cover, and cook over low heat 3-5 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted. Drizzle a little BBQ sauce and sprinkle green onions over the top before serving.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 422kcal Calories from fat 113|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Don’t forget to swing by The Weary Chef to enter for a chance to win this awesome NINJA Supra Kitchen System that she is giving away!
Facebook – Twitter – Pinterest – Instagram – Google+
Other Posts You May Enjoy: