This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This post was sponsored by Dunkin’ Donuts as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
Everyone needs to have an easy and delicious Bakery-Style Vanilla Cupcakes recipe on hand! These yummy treats are perfect for birthdays, holidays, or any day! AD #HowdTheyDunkThat #IC
This has been quite the week, y’all. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that Brian and I spent last weekend in Las Vegas. I feel like it has taken me all week to recuperate …. and I’m still trying to shake it off.
A coffee and cupcake party sounded like the perfect thing to close the week and hopefully, get me back into the groove. Plus, when you discover there’s such a thing as Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee, that in and of itself kinda calls for a celebration! Amiright?! I mean, it’s cupcake flavored coffee! That’s pretty much the best two things wrapped up into one awesome thing!
Plus, it gave me a reason to make tons and tons of cupcakes – which I will admit, it makes me happy and feel less funky! We don’t get to enjoy them very often, so they are a real treat when we do have them! Knowing that I can get my cupcake and coffee fix in one shot with Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee makes me pretty happy, too!
Just in time for the New Year, Dunkin’ Donuts’ packaged coffee lets you have your cake and drink it too with its NEW Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee – it’s made with the bakery flavor dunked right in! It’s available in supermarket aisles nationwide – and it is the perfect treat for any guilt-free occasion! The new flavor joins Dunkin’ Donuts’ Bakery Series line – a collection of many bakery shop flavors perfect for at-home enjoyment. One of my favorites from the Bakery Series line is the Bluberry Muffin flavor – so delish!!
We had so much fun talking over coffee and cupcakes – I’m thinking we need to do this again soon!
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake papers. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not over beat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pans for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the frosting:
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. You may not need to add all of the sugar. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly.
- Frost each cupcake and top with sprinkles, if desired
Use and store the icing at room temperature because icing will set if chilled. Icing can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 115mgFiber: 0gSugar: 52gProtein: 3g
My guests loved the coffee and cupcake party – and they were each able to take a bag of the NEW Dunkin’ Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Flavored Coffee home with them and some fun mustaches! Just because the party’s over, that doesn’t mean the fun (or the delicious times) has to stop!
To find a retailer near you, be sure to check out the Dunkin’ Donuts website!
To celebrate the new flavor and to sweeten things up, Hungry Girl has created some simple recipes and tips for consumers to try at home! You can find more recipes here.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: