Thank you to Blendtec for generously providing the Designer 725 & Twister Jar for this giveaway! The recipe and opinions in this post are 100% mine.
This Avocado-Cilantro Pasta Salad will become a new summer favorite!
One of my favorite things about summer is all of the yummy side dishes! When I go to potlucks or cookouts, I always want to try them all!! While we’re all familiar with the typical potato salad or macaroni salad …. sometimes it’s great to switch things up a bit!
This Avocado-Cilantro Pasta Salad is full of so many fresh veggies and you can easily pair it with your favorite summer main dish! One of the great things about it is it is so easy to customize – just add veggies you have on hand or stuff that your family likes!! As great as this salad is, let me be honest for just a second …. the Avocado-Cilantro sauce is really what makes this pasta salad phenomenal! I could eat it by the spoonfuls!
I use my Blentec blender to make it super easy to whip up the Avocado-Cilantro dressing for this salad! Be sure to read all the way to the end of this post because one lucky reader has the chance to win a great prize package valued at over $950 – including a Blendtec blender!! Oh, yeah!!
For the salad
- 1 box (16 oz.) rotini pasta
- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) cherry tomatoes
For the dressing
- 2 large avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the drained pasta in a large bowl with the remaining salad ingredients. Set aside.
- In a blender, place all of the dressing ingredients. Cover and blend until well combined.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the pasta mixture. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 564mgFiber: 10gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Be sure to check out the 9 tasty bar-b-que recipes you can make in a blender!
Mint Chocolate Chip Avocado Ice Cream | A Dash Of SanityAnd don’t forget to enter for a chance to win some pretty awesome prizes!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: